Cisco Network Engineer
Access Health Care
Field: Healthcare Support Operations
Created on: Jan 23, 2018
Manages the computer operations within the data center. Manages daily activities to resolve problems and change management issues. Responsible for production systems' online response time. Maintains system availability, prepares metrics to evaluate systems performance, and works with IT groups and users to ensure that service objectives are met.
- Configuration and administration of Cisco ASA, Switchstack, PoE, Media Converters, WAN connectivity.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, organizational and planning skills.
- Exhibit strong conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Exhibit sensitivity to and awareness of the specific needs of customers, business partners, and technical services team supervised.
- Demonstrate adherence and commitment to our Core Values.
- Strong passion for customer service
- Attention to detail; process oriented
- Ability to work in the Cisco IOS command line.
- Ability to work with hardware configuration of Servers and Workstations
- Ability to work in a Windows environment including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2008.
- Ability to use all office equipment. Proficiency with computer applications including: Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Effective organizational skills a must.
- Strives to build cooperative partnerships, maintain effective working relationships with other personnel, by treating each person both inside and outside of the organization as a customer.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion on a need-to-know basis.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
- Experience with multi-site locations
- Time management
- Basic research methods
- Proficient in multitasking
Experience and Education:
- Associate’s degree in IT/Computer Science, or any other related field
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules
- 6 plus years of enterprise level network experience supporting Cisco wired and wireless technologies including Cisco routers, switches, controllers, and access points
Certifications, Licenses and Registration:
- Another network or security certification such as CCSP, CCDP, CCVP or CISSP would be a plus
Must be able to frequently move, stand, sit, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. The noise level of the work environment is quiet to moderate.