Carrots are one of the most popular root vegetables. It is a rich source of vitamin C, D, E, and K as well as minerals like magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
We list down some of the significant health benefits of having carrot juice as part of your diet!
- It’s good for your eyes- Vitamin A is key to having healthy eyesight. Lack of vitamin A can result in vision loss. Carrots contain beta-carotene, which is a form of vitamin A, helping in maintaining good eyesight.
- Carrots are rich in antioxidants- Carotenoids, present in carrots, act as antioxidants that help in strengthening the immune system and slowing down the aging process.
- Carrots are great for your heart and reduce the risk of heart disease- Drinking carrot juice decreases oxidative stress which improves the body’s defense against various cardiovascular diseases. It lowers cholesterol levels and enhances bile production, helping the body to digest fat better and thereby protecting your heart.
- Carrots have anti-cancer properties- Antioxidants present in carrots can fight leukemia cells and reduce the risk of widespread cancers like ovarian and breast cancer.
- Maintain your oral hygiene with carrots- Nutrients and minerals present in carrots improve the body’s ability to fight bacteria and toxins found in gums and teeth. It also prevents cavities and tooth decay.
- Carrots improve brain health & memory- Carrots reduce oxidative stress in the brain that helps prevent Alzheimer’s disease, improve memory and fight cognitive decline.
- Need glowing skin? Try carrots- Antioxidants and potassium present in carrots help prevent cell degeneration, skin dryness, reduce scars and improve skin tone.
Carrots can be consumed in its raw form, as juice or even cooked to make a dish.
The Auro Community Garden grows carrots organically by focusing its efforts on creating a sustainable garden using organic methods to create a healthy ecosystem.
All the health benefits associated with carrots makes it an essential vegetable for your diet plan. A glass of carrot juice every morning can go a long way towards a healthy lifestyle.
Stay updated with more tips on managing your health by signing up for Access Health Updates.