Microsoft SQL Database Administrator (DBA)
Access Health Care
Field: Healthcare Support Occupations
Created on: Jan 23, 2018
The Microsoft SQL Database Administrator (DBA) will be primarily responsible for creating and maintain SQL Server databases that house non-relational legacy data transformed into relational database format to support data integrity and quality initiatives. The SQL Server DBA will not only possess strong technical skills in the areas of database administration, data migration and data quality, but will also be exceptionally “hands on” and able to effectively perform work independently as well as part of a team with both business and technical team members.
- • Installing, configuring and maintaining SQL server databases running on MS Windows Server.
- • Managing database security and user permission and privileges in accordance with application and database requirements.
- • Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- • Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- • Demonstrate excellent presentation, organizational and planning skills.
- • Exhibit strong conflict resolution skills.
- • Demonstrate effective interpersonal and human relations skills.
- • Exhibit sensitivity to and awareness of the specific needs of customers, business partners, and technical services team supervised.
- • Demonstrate adherence and commitment to our Core Values.
- • Strong passion for customer service
- • Attention to detail; process oriented
- • Installing, Configuring, Maintaining, Migrating and Updating SQL server databases running on MS Windows Server.
- • Configuring and Maintaining SQL Clusters and SQL Cluster Nodes.
- • Able to gather information with fundamental technique troubleshooting abilities
- • Knowledge of T-SQL development and auditing of complex queries for optimal performance and improvement recommendations.
- • Ability to use all office equipment. Proficiency with computer applications including: Microsoft Office.
- • Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- • Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- • Effective organizational skills a must.
- • Strives to build cooperative partnerships, maintain effective working relationships with other personnel, by treating each person both inside and outside of the organization as a customer.
- • Proven customer service experience.
- • Handles confidential information with tact and discretion on a need-to-know basis.
- • Follows established policies and procedures.
- • Ability to implement best practices with respect to SQL Database and Data Security.
- Experience with multi-site locations
- Time management
- Basic research methods
- Proficient in multitasking
Experience and Education:
- • Associate’s degree in IT/Computer Science, or any other related field
- • Experience with Data Quality tools
- • Working knowledge of UDB or DB2 LUW
- • Experience migrating VSAM data to relational databases
- • Experience in Data Modeling
- • Knowledge of HIPAA rules
Certifications, Licenses and Registration
- • Microsoft Certified Database Administrator Certification
- • Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- • MSCA: SQL 2012/2014
: Must be able to frequently move, stand, sit, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. The noise level of the work environment is quiet to moderate.